Saturday, July 13, 2013

Evernote Web: "TBI Effort Like Moving Mountain"

Evernote Web: "TBI Effort Like Moving Mountain"

  1. This is an excellent video describing the experience of people with TBI.

    While the "moving a mountain" illustration would be an exaggeration if I had said it, there certainly is many more times the effort involved in every simple action since my brain injury; every sentence has to be worded carefully and consciously to work around words that can't be found, to catch myself substituting unrelated words that have no obvious connection with the word I want to use, and to explain the use of "compromise" words that don't communicate as effectively as that "right" word that I cannot find.

    I think it would be accurate to say that every sentence I construct has required ten times the effort it would have required before my accident. Consequently, I speak slowly sometimes. I pause a long time before I respond. I start to say one word and awkwardly "slur" its pronunciation into a more appropriate word, sometimes with rather embarrassing results.

    Traumatic Brain Injury Effort Like Moving Mountain
    www.youtube.com
    http://www.tbilaw.com We ended with Steven and Bill as we do all of our interviews. What parting words do you have to make the world a better place for those...


'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am developing a prototype resources website at http://bit.ly/resourcesfortbi. Please review my plans and make suggestions.

I welcome comments that can help make this site more helpful to those experiencing similar difficulties, or for those friends, family, and professionals who take care of bicycle injury / brain trauma.victims.

Since I want this site to be helpful to victims, I reserve the right to edit comments if they seem to conflict with that goal.

Helpful comments would include corrections of false information, references to local services that relate to my posts, or comments that help me to keep spelling, grammar, and word-choices appropriate and correct. As a brain injury victim, I depend on others to insure accuracy and to spot the kinds of errors that I may not recognize. Please feel welcome to contribute your expertise to make this site effective!