Thursday, August 9, 2012

Symptoms approximately one year after the accident

I broke my glasses recently and my daughter repaired them for me. She said not to worry. She knows how I value my nerd image... I actually used a modified version of her idea with the soda straw (with black electrical tape) for a couple of days, but I had Jonathan pick up another pair of cheap reading glasses, I popped out the lenses, replaced them with my own, and now they look better than ever!

Following instructions I found online, I microwaved a small bowl of detergent-water to use to soften the plastic before exchanging the lenses (not hot enough to scald, but almost that hot). 

http://t.co/sQe5bYlH

My expression in this photo really captures how I feel most of the time when I'm "awake." It's not a bad feeling per se, but I'm clearly not fully awake. Keep in mind, this is my state after taking an unheard of 500 mg dose of Nuvigil PLUS 70 mg of Vyvance, 200 mg of caffeine, hormonal supplements, 3 grams of Niacin (NOT non-flushing, but the kind that makes you tingle all over) and listening to binaural beats designed to pace brain frequencies in the range known to be associated with attention, intelligence, and creativity!

I would think most healthy people would be so wired with what I'm doing that they would be jumping out of their skin, but most of the time, I'm just awake enough that I can read and talk with only a little difficulty, and I can accomplish tasks as long as I have someone helping me periodically to focus and move forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am developing a prototype resources website at http://bit.ly/resourcesfortbi. Please review my plans and make suggestions.

I welcome comments that can help make this site more helpful to those experiencing similar difficulties, or for those friends, family, and professionals who take care of bicycle injury / brain trauma.victims.

Since I want this site to be helpful to victims, I reserve the right to edit comments if they seem to conflict with that goal.

Helpful comments would include corrections of false information, references to local services that relate to my posts, or comments that help me to keep spelling, grammar, and word-choices appropriate and correct. As a brain injury victim, I depend on others to insure accuracy and to spot the kinds of errors that I may not recognize. Please feel welcome to contribute your expertise to make this site effective!