Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Evernote: A 0-to-60 MPH Guide

Evernote: "Remember Everything"
Evernote: A 0-to-60 MPH Guide

I still plan to write a blog entry about Evernote, but this article I stumbled upon does a good job of explaining the value of Evernote to a person with memory difficulties. the slogan "Remember Everything" is truly appropriate to this software.

The beauty of Evernote often appears to be its downfall to people who are first investigating the program. Evernote PURPOSELY prevents hierarchical structures in the way it indexes information, choosing instead to create its own keyword index in addition to keywords supplied by users. Keywords allow finding information by association, the way our brains naturally index information. Evernote does allow grouping notes into notebooks, and of notebooks into "stacks," but the purpose of notebooks has to do with maintaining security while sharing access to individual notes and groups of notes, and the purpose of "stacks" is to group various project activities together. Stacks are unrelated to  issues of security.

It is generally best to leave notes in one big common area, and to use filters (similar to a Google search) to view related notes. Incidentally, I can include my notes as targets for Google searches. Frequently I search Google for something I already read. Including Evernote in my searches increases the efficiency of these kinds of searches.

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am developing a prototype resources website at http://bit.ly/resourcesfortbi. Please review my plans and make suggestions.

I welcome comments that can help make this site more helpful to those experiencing similar difficulties, or for those friends, family, and professionals who take care of bicycle injury / brain trauma.victims.

Since I want this site to be helpful to victims, I reserve the right to edit comments if they seem to conflict with that goal.

Helpful comments would include corrections of false information, references to local services that relate to my posts, or comments that help me to keep spelling, grammar, and word-choices appropriate and correct. As a brain injury victim, I depend on others to insure accuracy and to spot the kinds of errors that I may not recognize. Please feel welcome to contribute your expertise to make this site effective!